Sunday, December 28, 2014

Art Dolls




I really love to do things with my hands.  I dabble in other areas besides painting...You add paint and fabric, OMG!  I love to sew and make little dolls.  I get giddy in a fabric store, feeling all of the textiles, admiring their prints.  I visit PurlSoho.com and sigh dreamily about the various projects and fabrics I could use.  There isn't enough time in the world to do all of the projects I have in mind, of course.  How could anyone ever get bored?  
I do need to improve my clothes making skills though.  I feel somewhat frustrated in this area.  I taught myself to knit on Youtube.com.  So, a person can teach herself to do just about anything there.  I'm sure I could find something on clothes making.  I hate to measure stuff, and prefer the not so perfect eyeballing technique.  Needless to say, my dolls turn out a bit quirky.  
I took a doll making class from Danita Art....major doll love there.  I admire her work so much!  Danita Art thoroughly went through each of her doll making steps, and videos are downloadable.  Interaction with the class on Facebook is optional also.  Its a good place to "meet" others with the same interests, and everyone acts friendly and helpful. 
Anyone interested in doll makers should also check out Salley Mavor and Mimi Kirchner....lots of inspiration and talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment